Tuesday, November 17, 2009

About destiny and freedom of choice

So here's the deal. During my entire life I've experienced moments where something really good or really bad happens for no apparent reason. But, really good things and really bad things have also happened to me because I either planed it or I made my choices to lead me to that place. And since I know for a fact that I know this has also happened to the rest of the world, I've been thinking deeply about how we live our lives and what or who we thank or blame when things go right or wrong. Of course chances are that we all think differently, but for now I'll just display the 2 great philosophies of life. Freedom of choice, and Destiny (also known as Predetermination).

So I'll start with the one I believe in, freedom of choice. The point behind this philosophy is simply that we are the ones who do what we want to do, we are the ones who bring both all good things and bad things in our direction. It simply means that we're the ones who fly the airplane and do whatever the hell we want to do. Now I love to believe in this the most I can, but here's the deal. How do we explain things like finding a long lost friend, winning the lottery or being shit on by a flying bird. Well if you ask me, I simply believe in amazing luck, unlikely circumstance, and being an unaware part of someone else plan. This pretty much explains most things that strangely happen in my life.

But friends not everyone is like me (if there is anyone). And some people like to put the airplane on autopilot and get to destination. These are the people that actually believe in destiny, fate, or predetermination however the hell you want to call it. Now to be fair, this thought has existed since ancient times and some religions these days believe that a superior entity actually control every movement of their life. Here's the deal, people who believe in destiny believe everything good happens to them is the not of their doing. Although they also blame all the bad things to the same being that does the good, some of them actually have the low self esteem to believe that all bad things happen because of them, and all the good things happen because of their superior protector.

But here's the fuck nuts deal of this all and the reason I'm writing this down. All good things happen in my life because I had most or part to do with it. I question the part that was in my point of view a mystery to such amazing extent that I conclude that it must be amazing luck, but can luck really manifest itself in such extraordinary ways. It may, but I'm just posing this question.

So let me just end with a final thought about this. Now I do believe in a manifestation of god, but I also believe that he does nothing to interfere with our lives and that we can do anything we want to do. I don't believe in straight up destiny, but sometimes, things happen, and when they happen and turn out to be disastrous or great I can't just blame god, luck or even myself or the people. What the hell is it then?
Modern Warfare 2 has blown my mind...literally
Lionheart

No comments:

Post a Comment